6 TRICKS TO KNOW WHO VIEWED YOUR FACEBOOK PROFILEFacebook is one of the most used social networks of the last decade. In the coming decade too, it is expected to reach new heights. Most of us regularly check-in with it and explore our feeds. We think about our Facebook profile as our first impression to the strangers. That’s why we always tend to pick the display picture (DP) and Bio very carefully. And, sometimes we wonder if people actually viewed our Facebook Profile.
However, Facebook doesn’t offer a direct method to know who viewed your Facebook profile. You have to use special tricks to find out about the people who viewed your Facebook profile. I’ll tell you about the Best Tricks to know who viewed your Facebook profile. You can use these to know about the people who visited your profile and clear your curiosity.
1. USE PAGE SOURCE
The ‘View Page Source’ feature can help you to know about who viewed your Facebook profile. To know more about it, read further and follow the steps mentioned carefully.
- Go to your browser and visit Facebook.com. Log in using your email address and password.
- Now go to your profile page by clicking on your DP present in the top-right corner. You can also use your profile URL to access your Facebook profile page. Wait till the page is fully loaded.
- Next, right-click anywhere and choose the ‘View Page Source‘ option. Or, just press CTRL +U keys together to access Page Source.
- Once the Page source loads, press CTRL+F keys to trigger the Find feature and type InitialChatFriendsList.
- When the searching is done, you will move to a specific script in the source code where you will see a set of numbers. These numbers are the Facebook profile ID of your visitors. The initial ones are frequent visitors while the later ones visit you less often.
- Just copy the numbers (ID) and paste them in the browser search box followed by Facebook.com/. For example, if the id is 12345678, then type it like this- Facebook.com/12345678.
- The Facebook profile of your visitor will load then.
2. ADD A BIT.LY LINK TO YOUR COVER PIC
Bitly is a link shortening service that has been shortening long links for a very long period now. You can use the Bit.ly links to know who viewed your Facebook profile. To do this, you have to add a Bit.ly link to your Facebook cover picture. Whenever someone clicks on your cover picture and the link, you can track the clicks and know about your visitors. To know how to add the link to your cover picture, follow these steps-
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Go to your profile and click on ‘Change cover photo.’ You will see ‘Add cover photo‘ if you haven’t uploaded one yet.
- Add your cover picture now.
- Once the picture is set, click on it. A new window will pop-up.
- Now click on ‘Add a description.’
- Insert your ‘Bit.ly’ link here and click on ‘Done editing‘ once you are done.
3. USE THIRD-PARTY APPS
By third-party apps, I don’t suggest apps like ‘Profile Tracker,’ ‘Who viewed my profile prank,’ etc. But, I’m talking about the Facebook-linked third-party applications that people use for fun. You might have seen posts from your friends like ‘Who is your Best Friend,’ ‘Who wants to date you,’ etc. When you click on such posts, you get a link that can redirect you to the app. You can just use the app yourself. Remember it is not mandatory to post the result.
After using several similar apps, you will conclude that all the apps are suggesting similar names of people. These apps use the cache and cookies from your Facebook account to conclude these results. Hence, these are the people who visit your profile the most.
4. TAKE A CLOSE LOOK AT FACEBOOK SUGGESTIONS
You might have noticed that Facebook keeps suggesting to you similar people under the ‘People you may know‘ section. The people who most frequently appear here and the people who randomly, out of a sudden, appear here are the ones who recently visited your Facebook profile. Facebook’s algorithm works in such a way that it thinks that you might want to add them to your friend list. So, it keeps telling you that you may know about them.
The next time you see someone random on the ‘People you may know’ section, you can check back their profile and try to know if they really stalked you.
5. USE A NOTIFICATION EXTENSION
There are notification extensions available for Google Chrome that you can use to stay more updated about your Facebook and Instagram profiles. These notification tools work way better than the original notification system. One such extension is the Social Profile View Notification. This tool is used by 250k+ users to know who viewed your Facebook profile. You can add to your Google Chrome browser and know about it better yourself.
This extension will send a notification whenever anyone visits your Facebook profile. Also, it will also add a ‘Visitors’ tab on your Facebook page. Using that, you can know about your regular visitors. Another similar extension is ‘Flatbook.’
Also Check: 50+ WhatsApp Facts and Stats that You Must Know in 2020
6. USE YOUR FRIEND-LIST AND STATUS
If you are a regular Facebook user or a Business-related Facebook page, then you might already have an idea about the people who viewed your Facebook profile. You just have to go to your Friend-list and see the names that are on the top. The first 10 or 20 names are the people who regularly visit you on Facebook. One more thing is you can update any status or post on Facebook. Do this for 4 to 5 times. Then, check the like or react section of each post, you will see that the similar names are on the top. These are the people who viewed your Facebook profile most of the time.
If you have a Facebook page with 30K+ likes, then you can use ‘Facebook Insights‘ to know better that who viewed your Facebook profile.